RECIPES & MEALS
Basa Fillets with Herbs and Feta Cheese
Courtesy of National Seafood Institute
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 5 Min.
What you need:
* 10-12 oz. Basa fillets, cut in 2 pieces or 2 individual fillets
* 1 roma tomato, 4 slices
* 2 Tbsp. crumbled feta cheese
* 2 (1 to 2") sprigs fresh basil
* 2 (1 to 2") sprigs fresh oregano
* 2 tsp. olive oil
* lemon herb seasoning
What to do:
1. Take one fillet, place in a microwave-safe dish. Sprinkle with lemon herb seasoning and drizzle with oil. Cover dish with plastic wrap, turning back one corner to vent. Microwave on high for 1-1/2 minutes.
2. Uncover; arrange 2 tomato slices and a sprig of basil and oregano on fillet. Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. cheese. Cover and vent; microwave on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily when tested with a fork. Repeat with remaining fillet.
**Nutrition exceeds saturated fat recommendation, recommended amount is 1.5 grams per serving. To reduce fat consider fat free/reduced fat Feta cheese.
Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay, Fumé Blanc
Calories: 134; Total Fat: 7g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Total Carbs: 1g; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 16g; Sodium: 107mg;